Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Create And Earn Tips - Introduction

In this series of tips I will give you the secrets I've been using to make income uploading images to Print On Demand (POD) websites like Zazzle, Redbubble, CafePress, etc, etc.

But first, here is a little story about me and how I ended up making a living out of creating graphics and selling them over the internet.

I never went to design school, I never went to a computer class outside the ones I took in high school back in 2001, and to be honest I never thought I would be able to make money using what I call the "design-computer" combination.  So, how did it all start?

The year was 2006, I was 22 and was working as a HVAC & R technician.  I had always liked tools and solving problems, so that career path was the most logical.  However, I had also always liked computers, and drawing.  I didn't have a computer while growing up and the first computer I ever had was the one me and my brother had bought together 2 years before (2004).

I was 22, living an OK life, learning the HVAC & R trade, making money and expending it on superficial stuff (phones, electronic gadgets, clothes, etc, etc).  Until one night it hit me.  Every night, after work, I had a couple of hours free.  I loved to play computer games since my internet was slow (dial-up) and YouTube didn't really exist.

So I asked myself, why waste this time when I could be doing something productive with it?  Naturally, the first thing I did was a quick search on-line:  How to make money on the internet.  I had heard people had become extremely wealthy on the internet and I decided I wanted to see my possibilities.

Everything I found sounded too good to be true.  "Make $500 per week taking on-line polls".  "Become your own boss selling Amway to your friends and family".  You know, that kind of opportunities.  So I though that was going to be the end of my "internet career" when suddenly I saw an ad that read something like this:  Sell your art on CafePress.

To make a long story short, I liked my chances and started creating graphics.  To my own surprise people started buying my them.  So from 2006 to 2011 I did this as kind of a "hobby" every night.  Then on mid 2011, after a lot of thinking, decided to quit my job and started creating graphics full time.  

I didn't know what was waiting for me.  I have learned so much since then and I'm planning to share all of it with you.  So please keep an eye on this blog once per month or maybe once every two weeks.  Who knows, maybe you'll find something that will help you "Create And Earn". 

No comments:

Post a Comment